We recommend that you setup the A/B split test using a script on your site and Google Analytics to evaluate the test.
How to set it up using a script and Google Analytic
- Start with adding a script to your site that splits the traffic to your engines and randomizes what engine a visitor gets.
- Decide on how to divide the traffic. Eg. 50/50, 70/30, “multi armed bandit”.
- Setup Google Analytics to track the A/B test using custom variables to identify the engines. For example “Loop54” and “Original”. Here is an article on how to do that: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2709828?hl=en
- Decide on how to evaluate the test. What parameters do you wish to evaluate? (We will gladly help you perform the analysis)
- Start the test when you go live with Loop54.
Important to remember
- You have to make sure the division of traffic is randomized but also that a cookie or similar is used to track which engine a user got so that he/she uses the same engine throughout the test.
- Don’t use links that override the randomizing. For example, in ads or campaigns. This will skew the test.
- Exclude internal traffic from the test
- Don’t modify your User Interface during the test period